Below you will find a collection of frequently asked questions about general candle care and all things Ignite Your Peace. Don’t see the question you want answered? Send your questions, comments and/or concerns by contacting us.
- What’s the best way to burn Ignite Your Peace candles?
To enjoy the essence of all that Ignite Your Peace Candles have to offer, we recommend spending some TLC with your candle during the first burn. Here’s why:
Allowing the melt pool to fully take form before extinguishing prevents “tunneling.” Tunneling reduces the overall burn time and hot throw of your candle.
So, each time you burn your candle, allow enough time for the melt pool to reach the edges of the container, especially during the first burn. Generally, this takes about 90 minutes, but depends on the size of the candle.
- What can I do to make my candle last longer?
1. Trim the wick! Your candle’s wick needs to stay trim and can increase your candle’s burn time b 25 percent. Trim the wick at about ¼” before each lighting. Try our Rose Gold Wick Trimmer.
2. Keep clear of drafts. No one likes a draft and neither does your candle. The breeze causes your candle to burn abnormally.
3. Storage. When not in use, keep your candle covered, and store away from direct heat and light.
- Why soy?
We chose soy for a variety of reasons. Soy offers a cleaner and slower burn. That means you get to enjoy your candle longer, generally 30-50 percent longer than a paraffin candle–you know the candles that are mass produced. Soy wax is biodegradable and non-toxic, offering a safer alternative to paraffin wax, especially for allergy and asthma sufferers!
- Are your candles vegan?
- Is it safe to repurpose containers?
ABSOLUTELY! In fact, we recommend it. Soy wax can easily be cleaned so that your container can be repurpose into whatever your heart desires. See our blog post here to learn how to repurpose your container!
- I can’t smell the products. How do I know which scent is for me?
I try my best to convey what scent you will be getting with the candle. Each candle comes with a description and a brief scent profile. However, when in doubt, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com! I am happy to match your needs with whatever scent fits your profile!
- Are your candles available for wholesale?
Yes! We are always looking for new retailers to work with. This also includes custom orders. Please visit our wholesale page and fill out a form. We will be in touch right away to work out the details.